In partnership with The Joint Australia, join Executive Edge’s Cultural & Special Interest Group Travel Advisor Brett Kaye to explore Jewish Cuba.
Celebrate a Shabbat in Havana with a Jewish community that has been revived from near extinction and experience what it means to be Jewish today on this fascinating island bathed in history.
DATES: May 7 – 16, 2019
HAVANA – CIENFUEGOS – TRINIDAD – HAVANA
(optional magical Caribbean extension)
In addition to visiting all the iconic cities and sites that Cuba has to offer, enjoy unparalleled access to Jewish people and places.
- Walk through the city’s magnificent Old Jewish Quarter to Adath Israel, Havana’s traditional Orthodox synagogue.
- Tour the Patronato Synagogue and visit the buzzing Community Center, and Sunday school, and the legendary pharmacy housed in the Synagogue that serves all of Havana.
- Spend Shabbat morning at the Sephardic Hebrew Center, the only Sephardic synagogue in Havana, founded in 1954.
- Participate in a moving Havdalah service with nearly the whole Jewish community, followed by an exciting Israeli dance troupe performance by Cuba’s youngest Jews.
- Includes superior accommodation, ground transport, all meals, tours, guides and the best of Cuban entertainment. (excluding international flights).
COST: from US$5,799
* Please consider a tax-deductible donation of $2,000 per person to support The Joint’s humanitarian and relief efforts around the world.
For more information and a detailed itinerary contact Brett Kaye, Executive Edge’s Cultural and Special Interest Group Travel Specialist on BrettK@executiveedge.com.au or 1300 618 334.