Upcoming in November 2019 is a once-in-a-lifetime journey to affect real change for women in Uganda. As our valued client, we wanted to give you the opportunity to save a space before this extraordinary tour is revealed to the public by March.
Join Co-Founder of Executive Edge Travel Yvonne Verstandig and Suzy Zail, internationally published, award-winning author of The Tattooed Flower, The Wrong Boy and Alexander Altmann A10567… for a Travel My Way journey through Uganda.
This tour is for women focused on empowering women.
Yvonne’s Travel My Way tour to Uganda is inspired by Suzy’s new book I am Change (to be released August 2019). Inspired by real life, I am Change is the tragic but empowering story of how a young Ugandan girl finds her voice and the strength to fight for change.
Suzy wrote the novel after visiting Uganda to learn about girls’ rights. She discloses: “I asked hard questions and mined their most private and intimate moments and they forgave my ignorance and shared their heartbreak with such warmth and generosity. I hope I have told their truth.”
Yvonne’s Travel My Way Uganda, illuminates these truths in the ultimate experiential way. Suzy and Yvonne have designed an itinerary which affords the opportunity to hear first-hand from the girls who informed I am Change, and to meet and support the aid organisations that are helping these girls achieve their dreams.
The tour will culminate with four days of adventure (including visiting remote tribal villages and gorilla trekking).
- 10 night women’s only tour, maximum 12 guests
- hear from Girl Child Network Uganda and other organisations working to improve the lives of girls
- learn about the challenges faced by young Ugandan girls and the obstacles preventing them from reaching their potential
- tour the Bwaise slum, visit schools and witness girls’ empowerment training
- visit markets, meet a witchdoctor and attend a drumming workshop
- meet local artists, designers, dancers and storytellers
- visit remote villages, learn about and be immersed in the tribal culture
- spot wildlife in open-top land cruisers in the Kidepo Valley National Park and track gorillas on foot in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- luxury accommodation
- full itinerary and costs to follow in March
What does it mean to ‘Travel My Way’?
Travel My Way means travelling with Yvonne Verstandig, benefiting from her passionate knowledge and sharing the way she loves to see the world. When you Travel My Way, become fully and completely immersed into every destination, experiencing the culture, the cuisine and the community.
Each Travel My Way tour is a small group which ensures the utmost personalised attention. Travel My Way Uganda will be no more than 12 lucky adventurers. Yvonne will organise every detail of your trip, ensuring all your needs are taken care of and you can simply come along, enjoy and make a difference.
To register your interest and receive further information, contact Yvonne Verstandig on firstname.lastname@example.org
via email or phone 1300 618 334.