Excited by the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding about the lives of women in developing countries, Co-Founder and Head of Leisure of Executive Edge Travel Yvonne Verstandig and co-host Suzy Zail, internationally published, award-winning author, have curated a once in a lifetime tour to Uganda affecting real change and helping to improve the lives of Uganda girls, through authentic giving, the sharing of stories and the forging of lasting connections.
Suzy Zail (best known for The Tattooed Flower, The Wrong Boy and Alexander Altmann A10567) visited Uganda to learn about girls’ rights where she found the inspiration for her next book. Influenced by real life, I am Change (due for release August 2019) chronicles the tragic but empowering story of how a young Ugandan girl finds her voice and the strength to fight for change.
Yvonne’s Travel My Way Uganda has been inspired by Suzy’s book and coincides with the evolution of Yvonne’s new design for travel-immersive journeys with meaning. Journeys with a story to tell that are defined by giving back.
Let Travel My Way take you on a powerful and transformational journey to discover the real Uganda. Meet with female leaders of change, participate in round-table discussions, visit classrooms and girls’ empowerment clubs.
The tour will culminate with four days of adventure including visiting remote tribal villages and gorilla trekking.
Whether you’re searching for Wild Cats on safari, meeting a Ssenga, building a mud-hut for a disadvantaged family or being trained by a village elder to weave a basket, each experience will place you beside community members who will deepen your experience through the sharing of stories and hands on participation. Discover the Africa that lives amid the heady smells of street vendors, in bustling city markets and remote jungle villages. Watch a witchdoctor at work, create art with a local painter. Dance, drum and wander the markets. Learn, grow and be inspired.
|FULL TOUR DETAILS & BROCHURE|
- 10 night women’s only small group tour
- Learn about the obstacles preventing girls from reaching their potential and assist Girl Child Network Uganda and other aid organisations working to improve the lives of girls
- Tour the Bwaise slum, visit schools and take part in girls’ empowerment training
- Explore markets, meet a witchdoctor and attend a drumming workshop
- Paint with local artists, visit fashion designers and learn traditional Ugandan dances
- Enjoy interactive workshops, storytelling and discussion groups with leading female change-makers
- Spot wildlife in open-top land cruisers in the Kidepo Valley National Park and track gorillas on foot in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Visit remote villages, learn about and be immersed in the tribal culture
- Get your hands dirty building a house for local families
- Luxury boutique lodge accommodation
TOUR DATES: May 2020
What does it mean to ‘Travel My Way’?
Travel My Way means travelling with Yvonne Verstandig, benefiting from her passionate knowledge and sharing the way she loves to see the world. Travel My Way is about digging beneath the surface to discover life as it’s lived every day. What lies at the core of Travel My Way is a commitment to leaving a lasting benefit to the communities we meet. Local networks help us tap into otherwise inaccessible opportunities, creating interactive and empowering experiences to transform our guests’ lives and make a difference to the people and places we visit. Travel My Way is an opportunity to be nudged out of your comfort zone to find the real adventure and magic of the unexpected.
Each Travel My Way tour is a small group which ensures the utmost personalised attention. Yvonne will organise every detail of your trip, ensuring all your needs are taken care of and you can simply come along, enjoy and make a difference.
To register your interest and receive further information, contact Yvonne Verstandig on firstname.lastname@example.org
via email or phone 1300 618 334.
‘TRAVEL MY WAY’ UGANDA TO MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. READ MORE>